Nestled away in Rome, just where the slopes of the Janiculum meet the edge of the Monteverde Vecchio quarter and the beginnings of the picturesque Trastevere area, you will come across this splendid little villa from the early 1900s – a family residence partially converted into a charming bed and breakfast.
The estate was refurbished in such a way as to reflect the original architecture, maintaining beautiful turn-of-the-century floors and art nouveau stuccos and frescos, yet with contemporary design and furnishings giving the whole interior a refined and well-balanced look.
The rooms – all with air conditioning and en suite bathrooms – are sophisticated and tastefully decorated following a scheme of warm and inviting colors.
The mistress of the house is a true lover of art and music, whatever the genre or background, and is sure to have guests listening to eclectic samples of music during breakfast and when they come back to their home-base at the end of the day.
There is a piano available for guests – musicians and amateurs alike – who want to brighten up an afternoon or evening among friends, or simply stay in practice.
There are also some temporary art displays in the common areas featuring works by emerging artists, some of which may be available for purchase.
And for your purely tourist-related needs, we’re ready to offer both our own suggestions, as well as the option of booking a personal tour guide for individuals or small groups, with whom you may organize exciting tours in Italian, English, or French, creating your own custom itinerary.
Whatever it takes to make your trip unforgettable and leave you itching to come back for another visit…
Red and Gray Suite
The largest room, which is also ideal for families, has decorative motifs and hues of gray and lacquer red inspired by Japanese settings.
This room’s damask-patterned wall is reminiscent of century-old decor, yet at the same time, gives the room a contemporary edge with colors playing off golden hues, creating a warm and inviting feel.
All of our rooms provide TV, free Wi-Fi internet connection, air conditioning, daily cleaning, and a private bathroom with a set of towels
A buffet breakfast is served in the public room and includes home-made tarts and excellent preserves, as well as fresh bread and croissants baked in a nearby oven every morning. For those who prefer a savoury breakfast, charcuterie and cheeses are available on request.
The mistress of the house is a true lover of art and music, whatever the genre or background, and is sure to have guests listening to eclectic samples of music during breakfast and when they come back to their home-base at the end of the day. There is a piano available for guests – musicians and amateurs alike – who want to brighten an afternoon or evening among friends, or simply stay in practice.
From Fiumicino airport
- Train to Trastevere station (FR1 – 8 €), then tram n. 8 (Piazza Venezia direction) to Ministero stop, then (on via Roma Libera), n. 74 or 44 bus to Fabrizi stop.
- As an alternative, you can get a taxi from Trastevere station (about 8-10 €).
- A taxi from Fiumicino airport to Villa Urbani will charge a 48 € fixed fee.
From Ciampino airport
- Terravision bus to Termini station, then n. 75 bus Poerio direction to Fabrizi stop.
- As an alternative, you can get a taxi from Termini station (about 12-15 €).
- A taxi from Ciampino airport to Villa Urbani will charge a 30 € fixed fee, but can be very hard to find one during the night.
- Upon request, the host can organize a private driver service, with the driver waiting for the guests directly in the airport.
The price is 40-55 €, depending on the number of guests and the time of arrival.
- Suite: 120/160€
- Double room: 100/120 €(Extra bed: 20 €)
- Single room: 70/90 €
Rates are per room and include buffet breakfast for all guests.
- Personal tour guide: upon request
- Advanced deposit: 30% upon booking via bank transfer (request bank details) or PayPal
- Balance: cash, PayPal (computer available here at B&B),